Rogero has released an update to his CFW 4.21. This takes care of the bricking problems that were being reported. It also fixes alot of things.. Everyone needs to update even if you were successfule in updating!
For details about Updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to CFW4.21 v1.09 please read the Update Guide below
For details about Recovering from v1.00 Brick please check this thread
----> Brick-Recovery Procedure from CFW4.21 back to CFW3.55
v1.09 Details and Changes
- Compatibility problem with some Slim models (CECH-25xx) is now fully fixed.
- XMB Icons problem from in-game PS button is now fixed.
- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
- Many other fixes from version 1.00 for a better performance and added stability.
- It was tested by hundreds of testers on all PS3 models (FAT & Slim) and no problems were encountered.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.21 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21.
1- This CFW doesn't have LV1 checks disabled and can't be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles unless you have Dehashed/Reset Syscon Properly (if you're not sure about your PS3, Dehash it anyway to avoid any risk) Link ----> Dehashing Tutorial
2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN or memdump before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a way to recover (using hardware flashers) when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump cannot fix your bricked PS3 **
3- The QA flag must be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link ----> toggle_qa.pkg
4- Always use the Recovery Menu while installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks (XMB update works, but Recovery Menu is safer).
6- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.
7- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.
8- You need to already be on 3.55 to install this. Installing from any firmware other than 3.55 will simply not work
- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :
- Download the 4.25 downgrader PUP ---> 4.25 Downgrader Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on Rogero CFW4.21, go to System Update from XMB and install the 4.25 downgrader CFW.
- Once installed, now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once the install is finished, you're now back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 (from here it's better to dehash again before installing any other OFW/CFW 3.55)
- Updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to the CFW4.21 v1.09 should be done using the following steps :
1- Proper Way ( CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09 )
---- Downgrade back to ver3.55 using the guide above.
---- Once on Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 you can update again from Recovery Menu into the new CFW4.21 v1.09
2- Alternative Way ( CFW4.21 v1.00 --> Recovery Menu --> CFW4.21 v1.09 )
---- You can try updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to CFW4.21 v1.09 from Recovery Mode first.
---- If it didn't work, then you'll have to use the first Proper Way ( CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09 )
Credits to eussNL and the PS3DevWiki for the valuable and always up-to-date source of information.
Credits to Deank for his continuous efforts on Multiman and many other PS3 tools/fixes.
Download and Comments: http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=3636
Yes you will need to be on 3.55 (at least from my understanding)
Rogero talk about fast LOL. You are the man. Now this is a pup I can trust and just may play around with. Thanks
I knew there was something coming, just wasn't sure what lol.
vita rogero unofficial update modern team applications free microsoft beta review xbox kinect mmcm support halo multiplayer version skyrim release homebrew media released details firmware list available build live call trailer launch edition nintendo announced player xk3y online gets manager games cobra hacks releases sony duty dead updated repack wiiu warfare showtime software game battlefield x360 official xecuter hardware multiman JoelLipman.Com