• Rogero CEX-4.46 v1.01 with Toolbox for StealthMan • Page 45 • Rogero - Tortuga Cove
    Register

Rogero CEX-4.46 v1.01 with Toolbox for StealthMan

Moderators: Rogero, bitsbubba

{ VISITS } Views: 730249  Favorites Favorites: 15  Followers Followers: 55 
    Favorites: windrider, fayt666, sportingcp, goosezit, hoost_pt, shesjustaglitch, DiRTDOG, Ari_25, XcalibuR, hackman92, lanzellotti, xs2usun, foxal, vidx, gthirst
    Followers: dennis.flores, Loren, dewidh, sportingcp, juanes2070, uncle, NiceShot, ROOKI3, hashim97, skull, teamr, szafran, ibrodmx, Google, Kri3tian, DiRTDOG, KillerBeeCan, xlsound, GFWORX, hyd3, Lucidox, MagicMaster, s_a, dapsonrock, 13Masamune, nabelo, xtrasmiley, xxxstar123, mysterio, lanzellotti, niko83350, zambeezi, Frize99, BooTManD, orulidewa, Dubfire, gmaster, fayt666, goosezit, master.xur, pjhcosta, Drksd, pintas4825, vidx, foxal, ermak86, Clarky, WarEagleUS, gthirst, simistef, AdMo1997, abdu_mka, hamburger_gamer, demonic23ice, qai9ahrq4c4
    Random avatar

Reputation point: 0

Re: Rogero CEX-4.40 v1.02

Postby xfighter11 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 am

Thank you very much. Sounds easy. Does anybody know which 1TB HDD works?

Postby Kahnov » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 am

xfighter11 wrote:Thank you very much. Sounds easy. Does anybody know which 1TB HDD works?

Any 1TB that is 9.5mm high should work fine.
    Your ST1000LM024 is 9.5mm high according to Seagate website: http://www.seagate.com/files/staticfiles/support/docs/samsung-ds/100698122c.pdf

Random avatar

Postby mastertester » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:06 am

Hey Guys,

first of all big THX to Rogero for the hard work!

One question, i have read on some forum this:

Install rogero 4.40, download miralatijera's update 2 use dev_blind to overwrite rogero's vsh.self with the vsh.self from update 2(you don't need any other files contained in the update)

Is this possible, or not a good idea???

Random avatar

Postby theskid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:07 am

haveing major problems multiman keeps freezing on 4.40 v1.02 and the ps3 has to repair corrupted files each time
    lost my internal HDD the first time it did it ,and im running latest multiman
    had no issues on 4.30

how to I completely remove multiman stealth and try a new install
    Last edited by theskid on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Postby xfighter11 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:12 am

Thank you for your help guys. But one final question: After mounting the new HDD is it necessary to downgrade on 3.55? Or can I simply swap the new HDD and install Rogero 4.40 v1.02?

Random avatar

Postby hellac00l » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 am

You can use the backup utility, to backup your internal. This is optional, I personally started fresh on my 1tb without backing up anything

Then install the new hard drive.
    Just put Rogero's CFW on your flash drive and hit select+start!
    And follow the on screen instructions.
    But make sure to use Rogero 4.40 v1.02, instead of OFW 4.40.
    Use PS3 PUP Check to make sure it downloaded correctly.

Remove any discs in PS3 to avoid updating to OFW.

Rename the PUP and put in the correct file path, on a FAT32 USB.
    Like this: PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Make sure what ever CFW version you have on your memstick is the same you currently have installed on your PS3.

After the PS3 is done formatting and installing the firmware, use the backup utililty again. But this time restore your backup.
    It will restore everything except your trophies.

This is easier than than you think.

I installed a WD WD10JPVT 1TB Scorpio Blue on my PS3 Slim a week ago. Everything works perfect just like the stock 120gb that was in the PS3 slim.
    after format you should see 829gb of 931 space free because the PS3 uses around 11% of the internal hdd for caching.

Good luck.

Developer

Reputation point: 1392
    Sensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of Knowledge

Postby Rogero » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 am

mastertester wrote:Hey Guys,

first of all big THX to Rogero for the hard work!

One question, i have read on some forum this:

Install rogero 4.40, download miralatijera's update 2 use dev_blind to overwrite rogero's vsh.self with the vsh.self from update 2(you don't need any other files contained in the update)

Is this possible, or not a good idea???

This will overwrite my reactPSN proper patch and will make your ps2 classics Black screen due to the ps2_emu that needs to be patched to work with the rif bypass patch.

I am working on an experimental fix now that should activate DLC contents and keeps the proper reactPSN patch active also, so no Black Screen on ps2 classics when used with reactPSN,

The problem is that i never used reactPSN myself or any DLC or ps2 classics (I just turn on the ps3 for CFW/Patches testings) so I can't test this.

If anyone is interested to test the new patches and give me some feedback i'll be grateful... this would help incorporate a better fix into the CFW.

I need to know if the PSN Games & DLC are now activated without using reactPSN, and if PS2 classics are still loading fine (with or without reactPSN)

here's the experimental patch file ---> ReactPSN_Rif_Bypass_Test1 ( Clicked 213 times )

-Copy to USB root
    -Open file manager from multiMAN and double click, mM will extract it.
    -Restart the PS3 and start testing.

Edit
    -----

To restore the original v1.02 vsh.self with the original reactPSN patch, you can use this zip file the same way you installed the patch above from mM
    --> Restore original Patch v1.02 ( Clicked 154 times )

This will also make it easier to switch between the original v1.02 version and the new experimental version of the file for Testing purposes.
    It is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years.

Random avatar

Postby Haliper » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:54 am

Somehow the Search for Meda Servers option is broken in 4.40. You can set it to Enable or Disable but they are always Enabled and shown on the menu. This is not good. I need to keep my kids from messing with this option but I cannot disable it now within 4.40.

Random avatar

Postby PSYCHO60 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm

hey rogero,

tried your patch,first i tried a psn game with move support,its gets past the move logo,then shortly after error 80010009.

then tried a psn trial,seems to start in full (as far as i could tell)

ps2 classic black screened.

Developer

Reputation point: 1392
    Sensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of Knowledge

Postby Rogero » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:38 pm

PSYCHO60 wrote:hey rogero,

tried your patch,first i tried a psn game with move support,its gets past the move logo,then shortly after error 80010009.

then tried a psn trial,seems to start in full (as far as i could tell)

ps2 classic black screened.

Thanks for the test and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried the ps2 classic with ReactPSN the same way it used to work before, and was this same ps2 classic title working fine before this patch on CFW4.40 v1.02 ?
    It is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years.

PreviousNext

Return to Rogero