After a lot of work, xeBuild brings together ggbuild and fbbuild into
a single application for building glitch, jtag and clean retail or devkit images.
- adds PIRS parsing (su20076000_00000000 from systemupdate can take the place of many files)
- adds support for RGH2 via type 'glitch2' (BIG thanks to the Xecuter RGH team for snagging fat dual CBs)
technically trinity falls into the RGH2 category due to dual CB, building images for it as glitch
or glitch2 has the same end result, fats that have not been updated to current 'rgh2.0' should still
- various bug fixes
- STAY THE HELL OFF LIVE! Nuff said, we're not you're mum.
How To Use:
- See individual folders for lists of files to provide
- if desired provide replacement cpu and 1bl keys in text files
- open a command window in the xeBuild directory
- on the command line type, for example:
example - if you provided keys in appropriate text files
xeBuild.exe -t glitch -c falcon -d myfalcon myfalconout.bin
-t glitch = build a glitch type image
-c falcon = use falcon bl and patch set
-d myfalcon = a folder is present called "myfalcon" with per machine files, this uses it
myfalconout.bin = the file that will be produced
- type xeBuild.exe -? for command line info
-take original console dump, put it in mytrinity folder as nanddump.bin
-set CPU key and 1BL key in ini file, verify LDV from nanddump.bin matches console fuses
if not set cfldv in ini file
-build (xeBuild.exe -t glitch -d mytrinity -f 13599), flash and hopefully life is good
Just a word on the format... the ini parser is not very robust, the files need
to be plain ASCII, everything after a ; on a line is ignored, and spaces are
not acceptable (they get removed).
Things like CPU key and 1BL key, if present in the per box ini file need not be
placed anywhere else.
- DON'T USE THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU NEED IT! Using an incorrect
controller config can result in problems remapping bad blocks (even manually.)
If you have a 16M jasper, an additional build type has been added
'jaspersb', by default the image will be built for jasper with big block
controller (config 00023010), use this alternate switch to build for small
block controller (config 01198010.)
Multi build/options example:
when you specify -f 13599 on the command line:
is parsed instead of data\filelist.ini
Also the bin directory is used from
allowing anyone to create multiple builds without multiple instances or
rebuilds/hex edits/hacks of the main app.
The example provided is the last version of 13599 patch set from dash launch and
other files to build freeboot 13599
xeBuild -f 13599 -d myfalcon x13599out.bin
-f 13599 : use .\13599\filelist.ini, and .\13599\ for firmware files, .\13599\bin\ for patches
-d myfalcon : use .\myfalcon for per build files (cpu key, keyvault, security files, ini etc.)
x13599out.bin: override auto generated name and produce .\x13599out.bin as the final NAND image
note, if -d ***** is not specified it will still use the original /data and /bin dirs
Devkit image building:
This feature is currently considered Beta/Work In Progess.
A new image target type was added, "-t devkit" which builds 64M flash images for devkits. Currently untested,
building with a 00 filled CPU key will create a zeropaired devkit image that may allow one to boot a software
bricked devkit that one does not know the CPU key for and recover it to an operational state. By powering on
the console with such an image present, with a recovery DVD in the drive, the recovery software should be able
to create a new keyvault, re-pair the DVD drive to the new keyvault, and allow normal operation once complete.
Normal devkit image building when one does know their CPU key and thus has security files and keyvault should
work as expected.
Building devkit for glitch/jtag is also possible using the standard -t glitch/jtag methods. Sample ini
have been provided with this release, but will not work unless patches and files are supplied. Note that devkit
is not our focus, but was relatively easy and straight forward option to supply for those that wish to make
use of it.
Those who use large block NAND are now able to nearly double the size of the system file area
with this option with no apparent ill effects. Normally this option wouldn't be needed, but if one
wanted to experiment with more files in flash, or one was building a devkit image for a devkit with
a big block flash, this option is required.
Without ikari this would not have been possible, thanks!
__ ____ ___ ___ _____
/ _|_ __ ___ ___| __ ) / _ \ / _ \_ _|
| |_| '__/ _ \/ _ \ _ \| | | | | | || |
| _| | | __/ __/ |_) | |_| | |_| || |
|_| |_| \___|\___|____/ \___/ \___/ |_|
[v0.08 - inspired by ikari]
No this isn't freeboot, it is a clone and has always been since the last
release of ibuild.
Thanks and greetz to everyone who has contributed to hacking this
wonderful machine. Thanks to the engineers and countless others who made
the machine what it is... we only wish they had listened and RROD was
not a problem. If we were to list everyone here, there would be no time
left to play on the machine!
Thanks to Free60, LibXenon.org, Redline99 and Tuxuser for providing xell builds <3
Thanks to Swizzy for making the official GUI front end for xeBuild, for always
adding the new stuff we shovel at him and never once complaining.
Big thanks to the folks at #freeboot on efnet for the tireless
hours of help you all give freely. Thanks to the testers who tirelessly
made sure stuff worked. Thanks to rgloader for doing the work yourselves,
there *is* no spoon, just a glitch in the matrix.
Don't believe what random people *cough* write on forums ..
- improved feedback when mangled or incorrect option values are found in options.ini or command line
- fix bad LBA due to using a small block controller flash image on a big block machine
- added patch to all versions to skip yet another minimum version check (mostly affected default.xex on root of USB)
- add optional nohdmiwait patch to 14717/14719 (console won't pause bootup waiting for HDCP handshake when TV doesn't respond)
known side effect: occasionally when the TV does finally sync dash will restart (forced to metro even if using dash launch)
- now retains Statistics.settings from a nanddump.bin and can load the data from perbuild dir along with other mobile data
this data is found in the block preceding smc_config
- can now obtain CF/CG and flash files from su20076000_00000000 (system updater container) when placed in firmware folder
- bls besides CF/CG must still be provided externally
- .xex/.xtt files that only have update/.xexp in the container still need to be provided externally
- new option 'nosusecurity' added to command line and ini to skip using security files from system update container,
external files provided in perbuild directory take precedence over any other security files found (order: file, su, dump)
- now attempts to retreive files not found in firmware folder or update container from nanddump (if provided)
- common folder added to scan path for alternate bootloader location
- now respects setting bool options on command line to false instead of enable only, and overrides/ignores enable options set elsewhere
- fixed regression around remapping blocks when wear area has bad blocks
- jtag uses second CB to enumerate fuse values, displays virtual fuse set at end of bl encoding stage in verbose logs
- revoke nanddump.bin that has had zeropair data overwritten and big block images that had bootloader data overwritten with incorrect nandpro args
- fixes for big block retail images (patch slot offset and reserve blocks value)
- BIG thanks to Team Xecuter's RGH crew for snagging fat dual CBs
- add glitch2 build type, uses console type as base for patch file names (ie: patches_g2falcon.bin)
- add 'notrinmu' optional patch for 14717/14719 to disable trinity internal 4G memory unit access
- add 'nohdd' optional patch for 14717/14719 to disable internal hard drive access
- fixed a bug relating to relative paths
Download and Source: EliteModScene Awesome Site!
Image: Google Images