Showtime plugin developer facanferff, and co-winner of May's Contest, brings to us today YouTube v1.5; meaning v1.4 is out the door. Not only does this update bring a "CPU too slow" fix, it also introduces a new method to log into your YouTube account. Be sure to read the official release statement below for all the information, and more!
Showtime Plugin Youtube v1.5 is a Major Release (Update), because of that Showtime Plugin Youtube v1.4 will not receive anymore support, it is now deprecated, change to this version as early as possible.
It passed about 1 month since the release of Showtime Plugin Youtube v1.4 (and Navi-X!). This version brings many improvements, including the most anticipated fix for the so annoying "CPU too slow" and a new authentication method, called OAuth2 instead of ClientLogin.
This version can play videos in 720p and 1080p flawlessly, without any errors, fast to load and seek, and has full video/audio synchronization.
Let's see first the changelog since v1.4:
- Add: Support for OAuth2 instead of ClientLogin (see Note 1)
- Add: Videos not available in user country are displayed in Orange
- Add: Videos that are available in HD (720p and up) are identified like that in video listing
- Add: Setting to list only videos that are HD
- Add: Filter videos by duration (see Note 2)
- Add: Show nickname of author of a video in video listing
- Add: Show Likes percentage in video listing
- Add: Youtube Transcribed Captions
- Add: Youtube Automatic Speech Captions
- Fix: Videos in HD/Full HD would give an error stating "CPU is too slow"
- Fix: The plugin would try to get empty subtitles from Universal Subtitles
- Fix: In some situations user actions would not appear despite being authenticated
- Fix: Search was broken when background support was enabled
- Fix: Playlist search would not show results
- Fix: Browse Videos would give error
- Fix: Force Reload Plugin (Shift+F5) would give several errors
- Enhancement: Don't download some Cat files from Youtube for returning visitors
- In April of 2012, Youtube deprecated the ClientLogin way to authenticate way, due to that this version includes the newest authentication method,
it totally different but works really well. A tutorial showing how to authenticate will be released next to the plugin release, it will feature
screenshots that will help you understand the process.
- This method uses a computer with Internet connection to authorize the plugin, because of that, you don't need a keyboard to type anything in Showtime to login.
- Additionaly, OAuth2 provides extra security since it doesn't save the actual credentials in HDD, only an access_token (temporary) and a refresh_token
(to get a new access_token), no passwords involved.
IMPORTANT: A tutorial was written by facanferff teaching how to use this one time process authentication, it is available at:TUTORIAL – Log In to Showtime Plugin Youtube 1.5 with OAuth2
- This feature is only supported in search feeds, including Standard Feeds and Search Videos, in other feeds it will not filter
1. Put the zip archive in <path.to.showtime>/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins
2. Put the zip archive in a PEN USB, insert in PS3, in Showtime search for the folder where you put the zip archive, click it and install
Special thanks to Tyrant for Beta Testing this version and reporting some important problems.
1. In boxes to type text a keyboard doesn't show up, why?
Showtime doesn't support yet an OSK (On Screen Keyboard), you need to use an external keyboard.
2. Where can I suggest features and report problems with the plugins of facanferff?
At irc.efnet.net, channel #showtime.
Download from facanferff's Github
Download: YouTube Showtime
Quoted: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/sho ... ents-2306/